The Newcomerstown Board of Education hired Tina Lehman as the new treasurer's assistant at its meeting Nov. 12.
Lehman, who currently serves as the West School secretary, will transfer to the treasurer's assistant position come Jan. 1. Her salary will be $28,000 a year and was awarded at three-year contract.
She will also be paid an hourly rate of $13.46 on an as-needed basis until Dec. 31. Therefore, her resignation as secretary is effective Dec. 31.
In other business, the board approved the resignation of Mark Wolff, golf coach, effective immediately.
The board also approved:
• Advancement of 3.25 sick leave days for Wendy Rummell.
• Cash activity statement for Vernon and Edith Lee Fund in the amount of $3,049,201.76.
• Donation of $127.06 from the Moose Lodge 1337.
• Employment of Traci Gardner as a Math Intervention teacher at the West School, effective Nov. 13.
• Leave of absence of Jodi Bates, preschool aide, for the remainder of the school year.
• Employment of Joanna Popadak as the preschool aide, effective Oct. 22.
The board will meet again in regular session on Monday, Dec. 10 at 6:30 p.m. at the high school.