WEST LAFAYETTE -- Due to the upcoming Christmas holiday, West Lafayette Village Council has agreed to change the dates for the village's regular council sessions for the month of December.
The dates for both sessions will take place Dec. 12 and Dec. 17, both at the regular time of 7 p.m.
Items discussed at the Nov. 26 regular council session included the following items:
• A second reading was given for the updated village employee wage and benefits ordinance.
• The current insurance plan for village employees will have a slight change to the medical plan for 2013.
• Appropriations for 2013 is currently in progress and will be discussed soon.
• Final leaf pickup for the village will be Dec. 3. So far, there were 55 loads of leaves for this season.
• Demolition of the former village swimming pool is nearly completed. Village employees will soon be removing the lighting that had been used when the pool was in operation.
• Bids are pending for a new generator for the wastewater department.
• Council accepted a bid of $2,000 for a 2001 Crown Victoria that was formerly used by the police department.
There were no bids received for the 1991 Crown Victoria that was also up for bids.
Council did later accept a $600 offer on the automobile.