Dr. Jerry Lahmers was approved last Monday evening as the new president of the Newcomerstown Board of Education.
Board member Steven Brode will serve as the vice president of the board for the year.
The meetings will remain the same as last year which is the second Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the high school conference room.
The committees are the same as last year which includes:
Finance -- Brode and Vince Nay.
Transportation -- Arlene Mayhew and Nay.
Buildings and Grounds -- Brode and Nay.
Textbooks -- Mayhew and Rick Roe.
Negotiations (certified) -- Brode and Mayhew.
Negotiations (classified) -- Lahmers and Nay.
Negotiations (alternate) -- Roe.
Athletic Council -- Lahmers and Roe.
Music Council -- Nay and Roe.
Lee Stadium -- Lahmers and Roe.
Tax Incentive Review Council -- Brode.
Wall of Honor -- Lahmers and Mayhew.
Nay will also serve as the OSBA Legislative Liasion for calendar year 2013.
Roe will serve as the OSBA Student Achievement Liasion for calendar year 2013.
In regular business, the board:
• Accepted a donation of $167.03 from Moose Lodge 1337 to be placed in a special cost center within the General Fund.
• Approved a one-year gift membership to Green Energy Ohio, a quarterly GEO News magazine, which will expire Jan. 1, 2014. The subscription is a gift from Solar Vision LLC.
• Appointment of Mrs. Janet Addy to a seven-year term as a member of the Newcomerstown Public Library Board for the term of Jan. 1, 2013, to Dec. 31, 2019.
• Appointment of Mr. Bernie Rusnak as the district's appointment to the Newcomerstown Park Board for a five-year term ending December 2018.
• Approved resignations of Linda Miller, high school Home Ec. teacher, and Kathy Ellis, first grade teacher, both for the purpose of retirement on May 31, 2013.
• Retirement of Barb Hines, cafeteria worker at the West/East Elementary schools, effective Dec. 31, 2012.
• Approved Lisa Mason, cafeteria worker at the West/East Elementary School, effective Jan. 14, 2013.
• Approved a resolution that will allow the superintendent and treasurer to accept a resignation within the district. However, it will still have to be approved by the board officially at its next meeting.
The board will meet again Monday, Feb. 11 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school.