The U.S. Surgeon General recommends ALL homes be tested for radon gas.

What is radon?

Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas released in rock, soil, and water that can build up to dangerous levels inside any home; this means new and old homes, well-sealed and drafty homes, and homes with or without a basement. Radon gas is odorless and invisible and the only way to know if your home has a radon problem is to test for it.

How dangerous is radon?

Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer in non-smokers and the second leading cause of lung cancer (after tobacco) in smokers. Thankfully, this risk should be entirely preventable through awareness and testing.

In Minnesota, 2 in 5 homes have radon levels that pose a significant health risk, and nearly 80% of the counties are rated high radon zones.

Testing for radon.

A simple test will tell you if your home has a high radon level. It's as easy as opening a package and putting the test kit in the right place. Test kits cost about $10 and can be obtained online from www.radon.com/sub/mn/

Radon is a serious health risk. It can be reduced easily and costeffectively. Take action today.