The Newcomerstown Board of Education heard an overview of the schools' technology department advancements for the past year during their regular meeting, Dec. 8.
Technology Director Craig Collins and Assistant Director Shawn Dakin presented the information in their technology report before the board.
In other business, the board:
* Accepted a donation totaling $297.27 from the Moose Lodge 1337 of Newcomerstown.
* Approved membership into the Ohio Coalition for Equity and Adequacy of School Funding for the 2008-2009 school year at a cost of $551.
* Approved employment of afterschool intervention teachers John Baker, Janice Stocker, Pat Breneman, Grace McKenney, Rita Lahmers, Marjorie Hursey, Scott Thomas, Beth McCune, Kathy Anderson and Amy Miller.
* Approved James "Rod" Worthington as the Newcomerstown High School second shift custodian effective Dec. 9 at a salary of $21,902.
* Approved extra-curricular employment of Courtney Hunt as a junior high cheerleading advisor.
* Amended Resolution No. 307-08 regarding the stipend for the junior high cheerleading advisors Kristen Casteel and Tonya Shortt.
* Approved Josh Lafferty as a volunteer for the wrestling program.
* Approved administrative tuition reimbursement for Patrick Cadle.
* Approved snow removal services for James E. Tufford for parking lots for the 2008-2009 school year. He will be paid by service contract at $30 per hour for the use of his equipment.
* Elected Joy Snyder as the President Pro Tem to serve as President of the board of education until a new president is elected at the Jan. 12, 2009, organizational meeting. The meeting is at 5 p.m. in the conference room at the high school.