GNADENHUTTEN -- The Dec. 15 Indian Valley Local Board of Education meeting officially kicked-off the 20th anniversary celebration of the consolidation of the school district.
The board of education recognized the 20th anniversary of the consolidation of Indian Valley North and Indian Valley South high schools to Indian Valley High School in Gnadenhutten which took place in 1988.
Treasurer Brad Maholm said special events are planned throughout the upcoming year to remember the past 20 years. He said at a boys' basketball game on Jan. 17, 20 years of athletics will be recognized with special district athletes taking part in the ceremony.
In other business, the board appointed Francis Picchetti as the President Pro-Tempore for the organizational meeting which is set for Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 6 a.m. at the board office.
The board also:
* Approved a leave of absence for Rebecca Hicks from Feb. 23-27.
* Approved Deana LaCroix as the Midvale Elementary Secretary on a continuing contract effective Jan. 4, 2009.
* Approve Maholm as treasurer for a four year, seven month period from Jan. 1, 2009, through July 31, 2013, at a salary of $64,407 with possible increases to be determined later.
* Approved Robb Bond and Harry Huggins as volunteers for the girls' basketball team for the 2008-2009 school year.
* Approved Bonnie France as a substitute aide pending certification for the 2008-2009 school year.
* Approved the gym rental policy, effective Jan. 1, 2009.
* Approved the Indian Valley Local Schools' Cafeteria Safety Plan, effective immediately.
* Approved the change in substitute pay for sub custodians, cooks, aides and secretaries from $7 per hour to $7.30 per hour, effective Jan. 1, 2009.
* Approved the Ohio School Facilities Commission Interim Maintenance Plan for Midvale and Port Washington Elementary schools and Tuscarawas Middle School.