The Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District approved the district's budget for the 2009-2010 school year -- with changes to come.
"It truly is a budget proposal," Newcomerstown Treasurer Dan Stocker said.
He said the balanced budget will, most likely, change due to certain variables in local, state and federal funding.
Stocker said the budget is based on the district's five-year financial forecast which was approved last October. However, that too, is expected to be adjusted this May.
In other business, the board approved:
* Resignation of Denise Wright, Instructional Aide at the high school.
* Advancement of five sick leave days for BJ McFadden, high school English and Intervention teacher.
* Ohio Graduation Test Intervention teachers Sally Lenhoff, Lorraine George, Gale Lenzo, Jeff Guilliams, Jerry Addy, Tim Rogers and Steven Pritchard.
* Employment of Diana Burtscher as an Instructional Aide at West Elementary, effective March 10.
* The amendment of resolution regarding BJ McFadden's employment as Spring Play Director. McFadden will split the stipend for the position with Adam Lefler and Mary Hogue.
* Leave of absence for Jessica Cleaver, high school chemistry teacher, from March 9 through the end of the school year.
* Gladys Hinds as a volunteer for the track program.
* A donation from the Newcomerstown Moose Lodge No. 1337 in the amount of $123.10.
* The resolution accepting the amounts and tax rates as determined by the Tuscarawas County Budget Commission.
* Request to have Huntington Bank release the interest earned during the preceding year and/or a combination of the interest and principal, not to exceed 5 percent, of the Lee Stadium Trust Account and remit this amount to the school district.
* The 2009-2010 Preschool Handbook.
* Establishment of the Newcomerstown High School Wall of Honor Committee and Citizen's Wall of Honor Committee.
* Rescinding the resolution dealing with the board-adopted cheerleading constitution.
The board of education will meet again Monday, April 20 at 5:30 p.m. (Note: This is the third Monday of the month not the second.)