WEST LAFAYETTE -- Get your candy and treats ready for the little goblins! The Village of West Lafayette has announced that they will have their annual trick or treat night on Thursday, Oct. 29 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The village's Chamber of Commerce will also sponsor their annual Village Halloween Party at Burt Park on Saturday, Oct. 24 from 2 to 4 p.m. There will be a costume parade, and judging, as well as games and treats.
Other items discussed or approved at council's Sept. 28 meeting:
* The village is getting ready to start fall leaf pickup. They are requesting that residents put leaves in the curb strip and not onto the street. They want to avoid leaves getting trapped in the sewer grates. The village thanks you in advance for your cooperation.
* Ditching efforts will take place on Johnson Road near the high school building due to water collecting in a specific area, according to village administrator David Kadri.
* Council approved resolution to comply with FEMA mandates in regards to four acres of property that the village's wastewater plant is situated on that is in a flood plain.
* Council approved for fiscal officer Lisa Derr to certify matching funds will be available for the village to participate on the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement & Transportation Improvement programs. Council then approved for Coshocton County Engineer Fred Wachtel to prepare and submit an application for same program. This is regarding the paving project that is being planned for Oak Street.
* Council approved a resolution for the village administrator Kadri to prepare and submit an application to Ohio Public Works Commission for capital improvement program ($175,000 grant).
* Council approved an ordinance for the procedure of charging late and delinquent charges and termination of water service as necessary.
Council's next meeting will be Oct. 12.