With only one local issue facing Newcomerstown area voters last Tuesday, residents decided 29 to 11 to renew the tax levy for Union Cemetery in nearby Port Washington.
The renewal levy is for 0.6-mills and is for maintaining and operating the Union Cemetery for five years. The levy will start 2010 and will first come due in 2011.
Voters also decided area Tuscarawas County Central Committee members. The following are those results:
* Precinct Bucks Township No. 35 -- Judy L. Patterson (R), 63.
* Precinct Gnadenhutten No. 36 -- Chuck Miller (D), 41.
* Precinct Clay Township No. 37 -- Ruby J. Kinsey (R), 21.
* Precinct Jefferson Township Stone Creek No. 51 -- Janice Cronebaugh (R), 54.
* Precinct Newcomerstown 1 No. 60 -- Jim Carr (D), 20.
* Precinct Newcomerstown 2 No. 61 -- Bonita Jean Johnson (D), 26.
* Precinct Newcomerstown 3 No. 62 -- James Earl McCormick (D), 20, and James H. Wolff (D), 27.
* Precinct Port Washington No. 66 -- Nancy J. Bourne (D), 15.
* Precinct Salem Township No. 67 -- Mabel Thornton (D), 36, and Jan Adele Slocum (R), 31.
All election results are unofficial.