GNADENHUTTEN -- Voters in the Indian Valley Local School District will see a renewal tax levy on the May 3 ballot.
The board of education approved the resolution at its meeting Jan. 10.
The 3.6-mills renewal tax levy is for a period of five-years and will raise $599,000 each year.
In other business from the board of education meeting last Monday:
* Board member Larry Holmes will serve as president of the board and Todd Herman will serve as vice president.
* The board of education meeting dates have been set for the third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in the high school library.
* The board approved the maximum compensation rate allowed by law (currently $125 per meeting) with a maximum compensation level of 18 attended meetings per year.
* Gale Stull will serve as the Ohio School Boards Association legislative liaison for 2011 and Kathy Roth will serve as the OSBA student achievement liaison.
* The board also appointed Stull as the delegate to the 2011 OSBA annual Business Meeting at the Capital Conference in November and Holmes as the alternate.
* The board of education committees also remain the same as last year's.
* The board renewed the property, liability and auto (fleet) insurance coverages with Ohio Casualty Insurance Company with Don Kennedy, agent. The coverage is from Jan. 10, 2011, to Jan. 10, 2012, with an annual premium at $78,905.
* Dave McPeek was approved as an assistant treasurer for a three-year period, effective Feb. 1, 2011, through Jan. 31, 2014, at an annual salary of $36,509.
* Approved the resignation of Adam Gump as the varsity volleyball coach for the 2010-2011 school year.
* Accepted a $1,000 donation for the locker rooms from the Indian Valley Athletic Boosters.
The board of education will meet again Monday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. in the high school library.