GNADENHUTTEN -- The Indian Valley Local Board of Education approved the resignation of its superintendent Roger Bond at the May 24 special meeting.
Bond has accepted a position as superintendent of the Buckeye Career Center in New Philadelphia. He has spent 30 years with the school district.
His resignation with the Indian Valley Local School District is effective Aug. 1.
In terms of who will replace Bond, the board is looking into several options.
In other business, the board:
* Accepted the resignation of Rebecca Hicks, fifth grade teacher at Port Washington Elementary, effective end of school year.
* Accepted the resignation of Irene Nichols as Title I teacher at Port Washington Elementary for retirement purposes, effective end of school year.
* Transferred John Welfley from Midvale custodian to Midvale head custodian, effective June 1.
* Recalled Stacy Beatty from reduction in force list as secretary for Midvale Elementary for the 2011-2012 school year.
* Abolished three secretarial positions (attendance secretary).
* Approved James Herman as math teacher for the 2011-2012 school year.
The board will meet again Monday, June 13 at 7 p.m. in the high school library.