Photo courtesy of William Casteel, West Lafayette
The C&M railroad tracks in Newcomerstown were completely washed away with the March 1913 flood. It took several weeks before railroad activity was restored to Newcomerstown and surrounding areas. This view is taken looking south towards the Rex File Company (later known as Heller Tool Company and Simonds). An in-depth look at the flood, along with more local pictures, will be featured in the March 27 issue of The Newcomerstown News.