Three individuals were administered the oath of office at last Monday's Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District Board of Education meeting.
Those members of the board include: Vince Nay, Mark Wolff and Kenneth Shaw. They are joined by Dr. Richard Roe and Steven Brode.
Meanwhile, Brode was elected president of the board and Nay was elected vice president of the school board for 2014.
Committees within the board of education for 2014 were also set. They are as follows:
Finance -- Brode, Nay;
Transportation -- Nay, Shaw;
Buildings and Grounds/Lee Stadium -- Brode, Roe;
Textbooks -- Roe, Wolff;
Certified Negotiations -- Brode, Wolff;
Classified Negotiations -- Nay, Roe;
Alternate for Negotiations -- Shaw;
Athletic Council -- Shaw, Wolff;
Music Council -- Nay, Roe;
Tax Incentive Review Council -- Brode; and
Wall of Honor -- Roe, Wolff.
In regular business, the board approved:
• Mileage reimbursement rate of $.56 per mile per IRS guidelines for 2014-2015 school year.
• Minimum wage rate of $7.95 per hour, effective Jan. 1.
• An anonymous donation in the amount of $4,000 for the Track Timing Fund.
• Chuck Peach as head softball coach with two years of experience.
• Brenda McCoy as head volleyball coach with no years of experience.
The board will meet again on Monday, Feb. 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school conference room.