Fall is a distinctive season in Ohio with an identifiable color palette of reds, oranges and yellows; cooler temperatures; and aromas and tastes of autumn's harvest from apples to pumpkins.
It's such a fun, vibrant few months to enjoy time with those closest to you that it feels like a holiday -- or perhaps a Falliday! To help visitors find those special autumn activities in Ohio, the Office of TourismOhio has created a new landing page, Ohio.org/Fallidays.
"My friends and family come together to visit the farmers' market, walk in the woods and take in local festivals," said David Goodman, director, Ohio Development Services Agency. "There's so much to experience in Ohio. Find It Here at Ohio.org, and make your own family Falliday."
Ohioans and visitors are appreciating the change of seasons too. Last year, travelers logged an estimated eight million overnight visits in Ohio during September and October - that's comparable to the number of overnight visits in June and July.
With all the opportunities to gather together during fall, the Fallidays landing page will help people find unique adventures perfect for them and their friends or family - their Fallidays. Here's what you will find at Ohio.org/Fallidays:
• Fall Getaway Ideas arranged by theme - Active Adventures, Autumn Wanders, Cultural Pursuits, Eerie Encounters, Family Fun and Foodie Flavors.
• Fallidays Checklist - A quick and easy way to identify some "must-do" experiences for the season from hayrides and pumpkin picking to sculpture parks, hiking or kayaking.
• Falliday Itineraries - Five itineraries arranged by region to jump-start fall travel planning.
• Fall Color Report - Created in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, visit here to see where the foliage colors are most vibrant throughout the season. Color reports will begin in October.
• Fall Festivals & Events - Eight weekends worth of festivals celebrating popcorn, pawpaws, lumberjacks, Oktoberfest and more.
• Drives, Views and Outdoors - Find scenic fall color drives, information on watchtowers offering brilliant fall foliage views and more from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
Hang on tight to loved ones as you search for ghosts at some of the most haunted facilities across the state. Get your adrenaline pumping as you zip line by moonlight. Send your taste buds soaring by sampling delicious treats during a fall food tour or take in the sights on a train excursion through a National Park. There is no limit to the amazing adventures you'll find in Ohio this fall!
For more Fallidays inspiration, follow @OhioFindItHere on Twitter or like Ohio. Find it Here. on Facebook and share your experiences using #OhioFall17.
TourismOhio, operating within the state of Ohio's Development Services Agency, works to ensure Ohio is positioned as a destination of choice, enriching lives through authentic travel experiences. The branding Ohio. Find It Here. supports Ohio's $43 billion tourism industry. For more, visit Ohio.org.