WEST LAFAYETTE — The Ridgewood Local Board of Education met in regular session on Monday, Sept. 18, at the Administration Building with all members present.
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. The Aug. 21 meeting minutes and finance meeting were approved. Superintendent Mike Masloski gave a report on the recently released State of Ohio Report Card. The Treasurer’s report was given and approved.
Superintendent Masloski gave the following recommendations that were approved:
• Maggie Mizer and Carla Guthrie were approved as classified substitutes.
• Volunteers approved were: Ron Bond, Patricia Thompson, Cathy McCrea, Dana Israel and Michelle Seibert at Ridgewood Elementary School.
• Anthony Hoffman at Ridgewood High School Vo Ag
• Maria Prater and Wendy Croy as Home Instruction teachers
• Resignation of Melissa Dean bus driver effective 9-8-17.
• The following supplementals were approved: John Lindig, RHS Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band and RMS Band; Penny Mast, RHS Freshman Class Advisor and Yearbook Advisor; Duke Stark, RHS Sophomore Class Advisor and Quiz Team Advisor; Kathy Wright, RHS Junior Class Advisor; Jill Bryan, RHS Junior Advisor; Jill Collins, RHS Senior Class Advisor, Drama Advisor, and RHS National Honor Society (50%); Amy Lott, Foreign Language Advisor (50%); Jane Buehler, Foreign Language Advisor (50%), and RHS National Honor Society (50%); Jennifer Shanks, RHS Assistant Band Director; Julie Feldner, RHS Student Council and 8th Gr. Washington D.C. Trip; Michelle Stoffer, Teen Institute; Leslie Dulgar, RMS National Jr. Honor Society. Mentors, Linda Ondayko, Wendy Croy, Kelly Conner, Jeff Larr, and Penny Mast;
• Tim Grace, Bus Driver 1 hour per day as needed from Coshocton County Career Center.
• Prodigy Student Travel for the Washington D. C. Trip May 21-23, 2018.
• OTES Evaluators: Todd Stoffer, Matt Colvin, Trista Claxon, and Lori Cabot.
• OPES Evaluators: Mike Masloski.
• Sealed Bids: Coshocton Tire and Hahn Oil.
• 2017-2018 Bus Routes
• Career Advising Policy (2413).
• First Reading on several policies as presented.
Discussion was held on several items including:
• Need for a Resource Officer
• Building and Grounds
• Possible Liability of non sanctioned or non approved events on school property
The next regular meeting will be Monday Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. at the Ridgewood Administration Building at 301 S. Oak St., West Lafayette.