The following students from the Newcomerstown school system were recently recognized as Students of the Month, with recognition taking place at a recent school board session. The students are as follows:
• Diego Berkshire, Kindergarten.
• Lori Mayo, First grade.
• Brice Groff, Second grade.
• Amanda Ryan, Third grade.
• Xavier Tausch, Fourth grade.
• Hale Warehime, Fifth grade.
• Jaidyn Peoples, Sixth grade.
• Olivia Valdez, Seventh grade.
• Elle Crank, Eighth grade.
• Calvin Ringer, Newcomerstown High School Senior.
Items discussed during the Sept. 18 regular session included:
• Samantha Seibert was approved for tuition reimbursement for a three semester course, Educational Technology Systems Management.
• Supt. Jeff Staggs announced applications for the Wall of Honor (for Newcomerstown High School alumni) and the citizen Wall of Honor, will be accepted until March 2018. The Board will review applications and select the individuals at the April 2018 regular Board session.
• Carol Boltz was approved to move to the Masters degree +15 salary scale.
• The following home school tutors were approved for the 2017-18 school year: Michelle Schneider, Tim Rogers, Angela Decaminada and Julian Vasquez.
• Rachel Bowers was approved as prom advisor for the 2017-18 school year.
• Steffanie Ritchter was approved for a leave of absence, effective Sept. 18 - Nov. 10, 2017.
• Jaileene Juarez was approved as interpreter at the substitute instructional aide pay rate for the 2017-18 school year.
• Sarah McVey was approved as part time ISS/Intervention monitor at the Middle School at the substitute pay rate for the 2017-18 school year.
• The following volunteer Indoor track coaches were approved for this school year: Don Stevens, Jamie Lewis, Trevor Garretson, Bob Hartline and Tom Addy.
• Resignation approved for Alisha Wilson, cheerleading advisor, effective Nov. 1.
The board later entered into executive session with no action taken at this time.
The next board session is Oct. 16 at 6 p.m.