PORT WASHINGTON — Village Council met earlier in February and agreed to advertise for bids for village refuse pickup service. Specifications to area companies will be sent out.
• Approved the purchase of cold mix for the patching of potholes.
• Heard that Council Members Brandie Bourne and Michelle Green will attend a seminar for newly elected council members in Columbus.
• Reviewed the January Police Dept. report with four traffic stops and 10 other complaints.
• Approved the repair and installation of a towing kit for transmission work on the street department truck.
• Was updated on the progress of the Eagle Scout Project spearheaded by Reese Coulson. Coulson's project will be installing two flag poles at the new T-Ball Field. One pole will have the American Flag and the other will have the Little League Flag.