The following "Students of the Month" were recently announced by the Newcomerstown Board of Education:
• Olivia Van Sickle, kindergarten
• Rylee Shaw, first grade
• Rayden Stockton, second grade
• Natalee Frenton, third grade
• Darrin Beach, fourth grade
• Michael Borland, fifth grade
• Keiona Warren, sixth grade
• Austin Beckett, seventh grade
• Caitlin Green, eighth grade
• Rachel Gamble, senior
Items discussed/ approved during the March 21 regular session included:
• Treasurer was authorized to request Huntington Bank to release the earned interest during the year, or combination of the interest and principal that shall not exceed 5% of the Lee Stadium Trust Account, and remit the earned interest to the school district.
• Student activity budgets for 2018-19 was approved.
• Board approved closing the HS Robotics Club and Team One activity accounts, and transfer funds to designated activity funds. Funds were transferred to the following accounts: $100.22 to Teen Leadership, $50 to National Honor Society, $50 to High School Student Council, $50 to Leo Club, $50 to Rotary Interact, $50 to WNHS, $50 to each of the following class accounts; Class of 2018, Class of 2019, Class of 2020 and Class of 2021.
• A Walmart Community Grant was approved for the Middle School.
• Board approved a donation of $623.03 from the Moose Lodge 1337, to be placed in special costs fund.
• Board approved to ratify the certified teachers contract for the school years from 2018-2019 to 2020-2021.
• Board approved to opt out of providing Career Technical Education for students enrolled in grades 7&8 for the 2018-19 school year.
• Nicole Stocker, High School Special Education, was approved for seven hour days for the 2017-18 school year.
• Kari Rader was approved for Color Guard Instructor, 2018-19 school year, at a stipend of $1,135.
• Classified staff work calendars for 2018-19 school year were approved.
The next board session is scheduled for April 18.