PORT WASHINGTON — Village council opened sealed bids for village refuse pickup service when members met recently.
Only one bid was submitted, from Kimble Refuse. Council unanimously voted to reject the bid. The bid was for $13.99 per household per month, which included Kimble Company supplying the Cart Container to each resident. Council would like to reopen with new bids. Fiscal Officer was advised to mail bid specifications to all area refuse companies in hope of getting more bids.
• Renewed the village insurance policy with Whitaker-Myer Agency at an increase of $54 from last year. The annual fee is $4,732.
• Reviewed the April Police Department Report with 18 traffic stops and 14 complaints.
• Approved the purchase of electrical supplies to run electric to the concession stand at Bates T-Ball Field.
• Heard that there will be a dedication of Bates T-Ball Field on May 12 at noon.
• Heard that the next breakfast will be Saturday, May 12, from 8-11 a.m. at Delaware Fire Department.
The next meeting will be May 15 at 7 p.m.