DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Officials in Dayton say two elementary school students were evaluated by medics after ingesting a gummy form of a sleep aid.
Dayton Public Schools Superintendent Elizabeth Lolli says a Belle Haven Elementary School student brought in ZzzQuil gummies to share with two friends. WHIO-TV reports the gummies contained melatonin and medics were called when two of the students reported feeling sick.
Lolli says medics determined the students did not need to go to a hospital because they only consumed melatonin. She says the student who brought in the gummies will be disciplined.
The superintendent says no other students were involved, and parents were notified.