The Newcomerstown Exempted Village Board of Education approved a potential list of graduating seniors at their regular meeting, April 20.
The list includes the names of approximately 70 students; they are the Class of 2009. Graduation is set for Sunday, May 31 at 6:30 p.m. at Lee Stadium.
In other business, the board approved the names of two individuals who will be inducted into the Newcomerstown High School Wall of Honor. They are Marvin Lawver and Mary Swigert.
They will be inducted at a ceremony at Newcomerstown High School on Thursday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m.
In other business, the board approved:
* Resignation for retirement purposes for Dana Carley, high school social studies teacher, effective May 29; and Patricia Breneman, fourth grade teacher, effective May 31.
* Resignation of Doug Krantz as assistant softball coach, effective April 11.
* Employment of Daniel L. Stocker, treasurer, for a 4 1/2-year period beginning Jan. 1, 2010, and ending July 31, 2014.
* The cash activity statement for the Vernon and Edith U. Lee Fund for the period of Jan. 1, 2009, through March 31, 2009, as presented by Huntington National Bank. The statement reflects a market value of the fund at $2,4256,285.19.
* Donation of $124.39 from the Newcomerstown Moose Lodge No. 1337.
The board also approved nonrenewal extracurricular contracts, certified and classified personnel employment, extended service contracts (one-year supplemental), supplemental contracts, nonrenewal contracts (pending completion of season), LPDC representatives, and educational/career field trips.
The board will meet again Monday, May 11 at 5:30 p.m. in the high school conference room.