As an alternative to high-calorie, high-fat Halloween treats, Tastee Apple, Inc., announced five reasons to eat caramel apples from www.tasteeapple.com this holiday season.
"Caramel apples are a snack you can feel good about as caramel contains minimal fat, no saturated fat and no cholesterol, to help with a balanced diet," states Greg Hackenbracht, Tastee Apple, Inc. Founder and CEO. "You get the same amount of sugar you would get if you ate a six-ounce serving of strawberry-flavored yogurt, and eating a crisp, raw apple actually helps clean your teeth and mouth!"
Why Tastee Apple, Inc. Caramel Apples Are Healthier, Halloween Treats
1. Enjoy a portable, great-tasting snack with protein, very little total fat and only 160 calories or less in a three-ounce serving.
2. Fight the damaging effects of bad cholesterol with the antioxidant phytonutrients found in caramel apples.
3. Get as much dietary fiber as a bowl of bran cereal with one, Tastee Apple. (That's about one-fifth of the recommended daily intake of fiber.)
4. Strengthen bones with the essential trace element, boron, which has been shown to provide a good defense against osteoporosis.
5. Tastee Caramel Apples contain complex carbohydrates which give your body a longer, more even energy boost.
Tastee Apples come in numerous varieties including: Caramel, Caramel with Nuts, Candy, Jelly, Chocolate Turtle, Chocolate Peanut, Double Chocolate, Chocolate Pecan, Chocolate Pecan Obsession, Triple Chocolate Sensation, White Chocolate Pretzel, and more to be introduced in November 2014.
Plus, all Tastee Apples go through a seven-step, process to guarantee freshness which includes selection, testing, cleaning, decorating, packaging, shipping, and customer enjoyment.
"Beware of the hidden fat and calories in snack-sized candy bars this Halloween, and treat your family and friends to delicious, Tastee Apple caramel apples instead," said Hackenbracht. "Kids and adults love to bite into a fresh, crisp apple coated in made-from-scratch, gooey caramel and dipped in delicious toppings."