NEWCOMERSTOWN -- The Restore the Pride Committee at Newcomerstown High School is inviting the community to a reception at Newcomerstown High School on Tuesday, Dec. 9 at 4:30 p.m. to learn about the plans to renovate the high school locker rooms.
Restore the Pride is a campaign designed to provide the students of Newcomerstown High School with outstanding facilities for physical education and athletic programs. The campaign will provide the resources required for a complete renovation of the high school locker rooms that were constructed more than 30 years ago.
The project priorities include:
* Replace old, worn-out lockers and cubicles in the locker rooms so that students can store their gear in a secure and clean environment.
* Improve privacy for members of the opposite sex passing through the locker room areas.
* Better protect taxpayer and booster club investment in equipment and uniforms by creating new and improving existing storage spaces.
* Replace old, worn-out ice machine, washer and dryer.
* Replace old, worn-out doors throughout the locker room areas for added security.
The goal is to raise $150,000 in donations of cash, material and labor to finance the complete renovation of the high school locker rooms.
Ways to help with the improvements:
* Make a cash contribution to the campaign. Contributions are tax deductible.
* Donate paint, concrete block, equipment, cabinets, lockers or other materials needed for the project.
* Volunteer your time and labor during the renovation project.
In order to make a donation, contact Newcomerstown High School at 498-5111.