GNADENHUTTEN -- Kevin Spears, superintendent at the Tuscarawas-Carroll-Harrison Educational Service Center, has been named the interim superintendent in the Indian Valley Local School District.
Spears' unanimous approval was made during the Indian Valley board's meeting April 20.
The position was vacated after the board, in special session April 16, voted to suspend superintendent Randall G. Cadle from all duties effective immediately. Litigation is pending and no further comment was made on the matter. Cadle's name no longer appears on the school district letterhead as well as the board's agenda from last Monday night.
Spears will serve as superintendent of the district until further notice and will act on "daily matters" that come up, Treasurer Brad Maholm said.
Spears' service to the district comes at no cost.
In other personnel matters, the board approved:
* Jan Leatherman as the high school student council advisor for the 2008-2009 school year.
* Taffy Keffer's resignation for retirement, effective April 30.
* Sara Updegraff's resignation for retirement, effective May 31.
* Paul Spaar's resignation for retirement, effective May 31.
* Roger Bond's resignation as varsity girls' basketball coach.
* Brad Fellers' tech help for the 2008-2009 school year, effective May 4, at a rate of $7.30 per hour.
The board also approved the list of students for graduation pending successful completion of requirements.
A FFA trip to the State FFA Convention in Columbus for April 30 through May 2 was approved.
The board approved advertising for one 72-passenger conventional bus for the 2009-2010 school year.
The board will meet again May 18 at 7 p.m. in the high school Multipurpose Room. The public is welcome to attend.