The Newcomerstown Board of Education approved an updated five-year financial forecast for the school district at their regular monthly meeting May 18.
That forecast shows the district to be "fiscally sound" for the next two school years, 2090-2010 and 2010 to 2011.
"Based on the information available right now, we are fiscally sound for this year and the next school year," Treasurer Dan Stocker said. "After that, it gets a little concerning."
Stocker said the numbers and figures are constantly changing, as well as the allotment of money the district will be given may change also. Until those figures are known, the financial forecast is just that -- an estimate.
In other business approved by the board:
* Acceptance of donation from the Moose Lodge 1337 for $159.26.
* Acceptance of agreement with Ohio High School Athletic Association for district track meet at Lee Stadium, May 19 and May 22.
* The board recognized the Students of the Month from the four district school buildings.
* Athletic schedule for the fall and winter for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Membership into the Ohio High School Athletic Association for the 2009-2010 school year.
* A list of extra-curricular employment for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Transfer of Jerry Addy to the social studies position vacated by Dana Carley. Addy will be teaching Government, World History and Sociology beginning in the 2009-2010 school year.
* Resignation of Ivan Hickenbottom for retirement purposes from the bus driver and bus mechanic positions, effective May 31.
* Resignation of Don Stevens as the head wrestling coach, effective immediately.
* Nickles Bakery and United Dairy as vendors for the 2090-2010 school year which was submitted through the Metropolitan Educational Council.
The next meeting of the board of education will be Monday, June 29 at 5:30 p.m. in the high school conference room.