WEST LAFAYETTE --The following Ridgewood staff members were commended for perfect attendance during the 2008/09 school year. Ronald Berkshire, Julie Feldner, Jeff Gill, Tim Grace, Arthur Gross, Diane Hackenbracht, John Lindig, Michelle Miller, Kim Olinger, Brian Powell, Travis Simmons, Patricia Thompson, and Mathew Wells.
Other items discussed during the July 15 regular board session included:
* Sheakley Uniservice,Inc. were approved as Third Party Administrator for Worker's Compensation for 2010 at a cost of $1,135.
* Simplex Grinnell approved for alarm system inspection at Ridgewood.
* Todd Stoffer approved as District Attendance Officer, Co-Secondary Curriculum Director (grades 8-12), and Summer Testing Coordinator.
* Part time certified positions for 2009/10 school year were recommended for: Kelly Conner; General Fundamentals, Joyce Bahmer; Title I, Troy Dolick; Title I, Ashlee Hart; Title I.
* Deana Christine Gerbrick approved as Educational Interpreter for 2009/10 school year, at a one year contract.
* Supplemental contracts were approved for: Gordon Arney; Elementary Student Council Advisor, Chris Cabot; HS Girls Track-Head Coach; Lois Donehue; JH Girls Track Coach, Dan Eggon; JH Boys Track Coach, Josh Lahmers; High School Boys Track-Head Coach, Maria Prater; HS Girls Asst. Track Coach, Dan Smith; HS Boys Asst. Track Coach.
* TANF Grant ($55,000) approved from Coshocton County Jobs and Family Services for the 2009/10 school year.
* Lori Buchanan was approved as student teacher. Buchanan is a student at Muskingum College.
* Twenty new Smart Boards have arrived, and will be installed at the elementary school within the following week.
* Painting has been completed at Ridgewood High School.
* Paving has been completed, and work will begin on the roof at Ridgewood JH.
* The board is checking on a change in the rate of pay for Jerrod Norman.
* The first draft of the new school policy manual has been completed, and final draft expected in October, 2009.
The next regular board session is scheduled for August 17 at 7 p.m.