Routine business topped the Newcomerstown Exempted Village Board of Education's agenda Sept. 14.
In other business, the board approved:
* The Fiscal Year 2009 Permanent Appropriations in the amount of $14,883,010.82.
* The temporary employment of Bill Little, on as needed-basis at an hourly rate of $13.25 per hour, for the purpose of accompanying a district special education student from the student's educational placement at Starlight School through December 2009.
* Approved Janel Travis as an entry year mentor for Katherine Carruthers and Gretchen Yerian as an entry year mentor for Michelle Love. Mentors will receive a stipend of $1,066 each.
* The list of students who open enrolled into the district for the 2009-2010 school year.
* The resignation of Mickey Sabin, seventh grade boys' basketball coach, effective immediately due to moving out of state.
* Robert Rehard and Mario Lovrinic as freshmen boys' basketball coaches for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Extra-curricular employment for Mario Lovrinic as the junior high cross country coach.
* The two-year leave of absence for Carol Boltz as middle school computer teacher. Boltz will become the Technology Integration Specialist until the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
* Tuition reimbursement for Tim Sherman from Ashland University.
* Ala carte menu for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Home instruction tutors Tim Rogers, Janel Travis and Amy Miller on an as-needed basis.
Also, applications for the "Wall of Honor" for Newcomerstown High School and the "Citizens Wall of Honor" will be accepted until March 31, 2010. The board will review all applications and make any selections at the April 2010 board of education meeting.
The board will meet again Monday, Oct. 12 at 5:30 p.m. in the conference room at the high school.