An update was given on the status of the Newcomerstown Chamber of Commerce Web site, www.newcomerstownchamber.com, at the chamber's meeting, Sept. 21.
Members are upset that the Web site has not been updated properly and that the site remains under construction even though the site has been contracted to an individual to be created and updated.
Therefore, the chamber voted to table the $150 payment dealing with the Web site's update/creation.
In other business, the chamber discussed the upcoming Newcomerstown Health Fair that the chamber is assisting with the Newcomerstown Rotary Club and the Coshocton County Memorial Hospital. The health fair will be Saturday, Oct. 3 at the West School from 7 to 9:30 a.m.
Bonnie Johnson said she has sent out over 20 letters asking for participation in this year's Christmas Parade on Saturday, Dec. 5. She asked that they register by Nov. 16 and follow-up telephone calls will be made to remind interested parties to register.
She also said she has found an individual who will be creating the float that will pull Santa Claus and it will be covered in lights.
Johnson also said Newcomerstown's Interim Police Chief Mike Kennedy will be placing "No Parking" signs along the parade route this year.
The members also discussed purchasing the back portion of the Newcomerstown News office building to be used for storage for the chamber.
The chamber purchased a membership on www.MarketplaceOhio.com to list upcoming events, businesses and activities in the community.
Marlene Ross said the community bulletin board that is to be placed at Baker's IGA will be coming soon and Melba Guy will be updating the information on it.
In news from chamber members:
* Janet Chaney said the Tri-County Auxiliary will be having a chicken barbecue and car show on Oct. 11. The car show starts at noon and tickets are available for the dinner as well as for a shot gun raffle.
* Vane Scott heard the Frontier Apple Festival in Newcomerstown will be the biggest and best.
* Ross said the Olde Main Street Museum and Social Center is scheduled to have a health awareness clinic in October.
* Jim Friel said the Park Hill Drive water tower is being rehabilitated.
* Pat Cadle, West School principal, said it was a smooth start to the new school year and the football team is 2-2.
* Kris Goss said Morgan HealthMart Pharmacy will be having a Beltone hearing and ear wax clinic on Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. to noon. There may possibly be a flu clinic coming soon.
* Christy Penland of Spectrum Publications said every business should join MarketplaceOhio.com.
The Newcomerstown Chamber of Commerce will meet again Monday, Oct. 19 at noon at April's Country Kitch'n. All members are invited to attend.