GNADENHUTTEN -- The Indian Valley Local Board of Education approved permanent appropriations for the 2009-2010 school year.
Treasurer Brad Maholm said the district's total appropriations were $19,979,645 with $15,990,288 in the general fund.
The board also approved:
* Randy Emler as the head varsity girls' basketball coach and summer coordinator/biddy ball girls basketball for 2009-2010.
* Mindy Wagner recalled from RIP list and assigned as Title 6-B special education aide at Midvale Elementary, effective Sept. 21.
* Continuing contracts for Wendy Chrisman and Adam Gump for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Ira Wentworth as a LPDC administrative representative for the school year.
* Sandy Gallentine for Family Medical Leave Act unpaid leave of absence from approximately Oct. 16 to Dec. 31, 2009.
* FFA trip to the National Convention Oct. 21-24 in Indianapolis, Ind.
* Band and choir trip to Disney on March 25-30, 2010, in Orlando, Fla.
* Use of Port Washington Elementary commons and gym for Carol Porter on June 12, 2010, for a graduation party.
* Contract for support serves with TRECA Digital Academy for the 2009-2010 school year.
* The donations from Harold and Marjorie Rosenberry, Tuscarawas County Foundation, for $5,000, and Glass Lumber for the wooden playground bench at Midvale.
* The agreement for Professional Design Services with McDonald, Cassell & Bassett Inc. related to the building project at an additional fee of $12,000 for architect provided design services for water softening systems at school buildings.
The board's next meeting will be Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. in the high school library.