GNADENHUTTEN -- The Indian Valley Local Board of Education recognized Sean Jones who placed sixth in the state for cross country at the monthly meeting Nov. 16.
The board also recognized the cheerleading squad for winning the PAC championship.
Athletic Director Bill Love introduced the winter sports athletes and coaches.
In other business approved by the board:
* Continuing contract for Dan Kinsey, bus driver, for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Continuing contracts for Sharon Felker (Midvale), Christine Parrish (middle school) and Bill Corpman (high school) for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Adam Arth as a substitute custodian.
* Tina Enama's Family Medical Leave Act beginning Nov. 16 through Feb. 16.
* Brenda Arthurs as volunteer for Braves X2 program.
* Kyle Myers' resignation as seventh grade boys' basketball coach, effective Nov. 16.
* Blair Emler as seventh grade boys' basketball coach.
* Zack McKibben as a middle school winter sports assistant wrestling coach.
* Ohio Department of Education Special Education Model Policies and Procedures.
* Reimbursement of cell phone usage at $30 a month for administrators, nurse, transportation, technology and maintenance for use of their own personal phones.
* Contract for handicapped pupils at the Coshocton City Schools for the 2009-2010 school year.
* Village of Midvale's Christmas Parade and usage of Midvale Elementary cafeteria on Saturday, Dec. 5 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The board's next meeting will be Monday, Dec. 21 at 7 p.m. in library at Indian Valley High School, Gnadenhutten.