Steven Brode was elected Jan. 5 to serve as president of the Newcomerstown Exempted Village's Board of Education.
Serving as vice president will be Arlene Mayhew.
The board also voted to meet the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. rather than 5:30 p.m. in the conference room at Newcomerstown High School.
The board's committees were also established at the organizational meeting for 2010. They include:
* Finance -- Brode, Vince Nay;
* Transportation -- Mayhew, Nay;
* Buildings and Grounds -- Brode, Nay;
* Textbooks -- Mayhew, Tammy Rexroad;
* Certified Negotiations -- Brode, Mayhew (with Rexroad serving as alternate);
* Classified Negotiation -- Dr. Jerry Lahmers, Nay (with Rexroad serving as alternate);
* Athletic Council -- Rexroad, Lahmers;
* Music Council -- Rexroad, Nay;
* Lee Stadium -- Rexroad, Lahmers;
* Tax Incentive Review Council -- Brode; and
* Wall of Honor -- Mayhew, Lahmers.
Brode was also appointed to serve as the Board of Education OSBA Legislative Liaison for the calendar year 2010.
Rexroad was appointed to serve as the Board of Education OSBA Student Achievement Liaison for calendar year 2010.
In regular business that followed the organizational meeting, the board:
* Approved the membership of a Record's Commission (consisting of the superintendent, treasurer and board president) and established a meeting date of Feb. 8 at 5:15 p.m. (prior to the regular board meeting).
* Approved extra-curricular employment of Jack Lenhoff as the middle school wrestling coach for the remainder of the 2009-2010 season. Lenhoff will be replacing Mackenzie Cunningham.
* Approved the change of the mileage reimbursement rate to $.50 per mile per IRS guidelines, effective Jan. 1.
The board's next meeting will be Monday, Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. in the high school conference room.