Indian Valley board of education, union reach agreement
GNADENHUTTEN -- The Indian Valley Local Board of Education and the OAPSE Local 474 have agreed on no wage increase for the 2010-2011 school year.
However, bus drivers extra trip rates are increased to $10 per hour. There are no insurance changes after the board met June 21.
The contract will be up for negotiations July 1, 2011.
In other business, the board also approved lunch prices and supply fees for the 2010-2011 school year. They are: K-5 lunch, $2.25; 6-12 lunch, $2.50; adult lunch, $2.75; breakfast, $1; and milk, $.50.
Supply fees for K-8 are $40 ($5 discount if paid by Oct. 1, 2010) and 9-12 grade students' fees are determined for each subject area.
The board also:
* Approved Don Winrod as a science teacher for the upcoming school year.
* Approved Marsha Springer's second one-year contract as a science teacher.
* Employed Bobby Hall as a summer helper at the bus garage.
* Approved Kyle Otto as Technology assistant for the upcoming school year on an as-needed basis at $13.75 per hour, effective June 17.
* Approved the following supplemental contracts: Bill Love, athletic director; Matt Lancaster, head football coach; Adam Gump, head volleyball coach; Dave Norris, head boys and girls cross country coach; Randy Emler, head girls basketball coach; Andy Dean, head boys basketball coach; Bill Gilmore, head wrestling coach; Debbie Bober, high school fall cheer advisor; and high school winter cheer advisor, Rachel Cummings.
* Approved the resolution for reduction in force secretary Stacy Beatty at the high school due to lack of funds, effective Aug. 1.
* Approved the resolution for reduction in force for Dan Kinsey, bus driver, due to lack of work, effective Aug. 1.
* Approved handbooks for the 2010-2011 school year.
* Approved the memorandum of understanding between Indian Valley High School and Kent State University, Tuscarawas, for dual credit program.
* Approved the adoption of textbooks for new Family and Consumer classes taught by Pam Osborne (paid for out of Career Tech funds).
* Approved the abolishment of bus route no. 6, effective Aug. 25.
The board's next meeting will be Monday, July 19 at 7 p.m. in the high school's library.