The Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District will be asking for residents' support again this November.
The board of education June 24 approved placing a 9.2-mill replacement levy on the November 2010 election ballot. Originally, the levy was first approved by voters back in 1991.
The levy, which replaces the current 9.2-mill current expense tax levy, goes to general operations such as salaries, utilities, supplies, insurances, etc.
Meanwhile, the board also approved the resolution of necessity and the resolution to proceed for the Newcomerstown Library Board's 2.5-mill replacement levy on the November ballot. This levy replaces the existing 1-mill current expense levy for the library. The school district's approval is required by the Ohio Revised Code.
In other business, the board approved the temporary appropriations for the 2010-2011 school year.
The estimated general fund will have $3,775,000 with the total funds at $4,640,700.
"This is just to get us started in the fiscal year. It's for July, August and September," Treasurer Dan Stocker said.
The finalized appropriations, which will become permanent appropriations, must be completed and approved by Oct. 1.
Other items discussed at the board meeting included:
* Approved the resignations of James R. Tufford, bus driver, effective July 1; Jacquelyn L. Taggart, first grade teacher, effective June 30; and Carol Boltz, middle school student council half school year, effective end of school year.
* Approved the following transfers, Janice Stocker, from third grade teacher to first grade teacher; Adam Lefler, middle school computer teacher/high school study hall monitor to high school social studies; Jane Kirker, West Elementary secretary to East Elementary secretary; Tom Mason, bus driver No. 17 route to bus driver No. 5 route; Tina Lehman, special education instructional assistant to West Elementary secretary; Cindy Rose, kindergarten special education instructional assistant to first grade instructional assistant; Natalie Miller, first grade instructional assistant to kindergarten special education, instructional assistant; and Karen Little, band director to choir director.
* Approved Jeff McCune as a bus driver on a one-year contract.
* Approved the following extracurricular employment for Shannon Cole, head baseball coach; Joshua Branch, head varsity track coach; Jeff Baker, assistant track coach; Don Stevens, junior high track coach; Brian Collins, junior high track coach; Tiffany Shaw, Majorette and Flag Corp advisor; Mike Hoskins, assistant band director; Angie Lute, eighth grade volleyball coach; Nichole Eicholtz, seventh grade volleyball coach; Amy Miller, middle school student council advisor half stipend; and John Dupke, head softball coach.
* Approved the employment of Beth Hamersley as the Federal Programs coordinator for the 2010-2011 school year.
* Approved the coaching manual and athletic student handbook for the upcoming school year.
* Accepted the Newcomerstown Moose Lodge 1337's donation of $187.58.
* Approved Steven Brode as the delegate and Arlene Mayhew as the alternate for the Ohio School Boards Association's annual meeting and convention in November 2010.
* Approved the employment of Brianna J. Zehnder as a high school English/Intervention teacher, at a salary of $26,649.
The school district's next meeting will be Monday, July 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the high school conference room.