WEST LAFAYETTE -- Following a special Ridgewood Local School Board meeting Dec. 21, it was announced that Jay Tingle will be replacing previous school treasurer Lori Statler.
The need for replacement came following Statler's resignation, which was effective Dec. 31.
Statler, who was employed as the Ridgewood school treasurer for the past three years, has reportedly taken a position with the Claymont City schools.
Tingle, a graduate of Mount Vernon Nazarene College, recently held the position of director of support services for the Barnesville school system. Tingle resides in Guernsey County. His position with Ridgewood will begin Jan. 30 with his contract extending through January 2013.
According to school superintendent Rick Raach, an interim treasurer has been hired to cover the position from Jan. 1 through Jan. 30. The interim, Tamara Hess currently is employed as treasurer for the Coshocton County Career Center.
Other items discussed during the school board's meeting Dec. 20 included:
* Approved Heather Grace, classroom aide transferred to the Ridgewood Middle School. The transfer is for a nine month position, no benefits.
* Supplemental contracts for 2010-2011 were approved for Marie King, high school girls' basketball coach, and Tyler Hains, high school boys' basketball coach.
* Lincoln Humphrey was approved as volunteer wrestling coach for the 2010-2011 school year.
* Maggie Stewart was approved as a ticket taker and score keeper at $7.50 per hour, effective for Dec. 1.
* Tracy Allen was approved as substitute custodian.
* Lisa Knicely was approved to provide five hours per week of home instruction for a high school student that had recent surgery, effective Nov. 15.
The school board will have its 2011 organizational meeting at 6:15 p.m. and the next regular meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 10.