The Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District will not be in session Monday, Feb. 21 (Presidents' Day) as previously announced.
School was to be in session as a calamity make-up day but it has been changed to Thursday, June 2, according to the Newcomerstown Board of Education.
The board also approved the resignation of Jeff Baker as assistant track coach, effective immediately, at its regular meeting Feb. 14.
In other business, the board approved:
* The open enrollment policy for the 2011-2012 school year. Applications may be picked up at the superintendent's office beginning March 15 and must be returned by April 15.
* The employment of Charles Peach, assistant softball coach; and Josh Taylor, assistant baseball coach.
* New course offerings for the 2011-2012 school year at Newcomerstown High School with dual enrollment through Kent State University - Tuscarawas.
* The 2011-2012 classified staff work calendars.
* The spring 2011 sports schedule.
The board is also seeking nominations for the Newcomerstown High School Wall of Honor and Citizen's Wall of Honor recipients.
The board of education will meet again Monday, March 14 at 6 p.m. in the high school.