A natural gas leak has been determined to be the cause of a house explosion that claimed the life of 77-year-old Dean S. Taylor of Newcomerstown.

The State Fire Marshal's Office said the investigation is still ongoing and officials are waiting for more reports.

Taylor's home was destroyed in the Jan. 26 explosion at 540 Beaver St.

It caused heavy damage to a neighboring house and garage. The blast was also felt more than four miles away.

The Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District canceled classes the following day due to debris on school grounds.

However, Columbia Gas of Ohio has said that its investigation has shown that Columbia's system was not at fault.