WEST LAFAYETTE — The Ridgewood Local School Board recently met in regular session with all members present.
Public participation included guests Mike and Katelyn Milligan along with representatives of the Block "R" Foundation — Alan Folkert, Chris Cabot and Nate Carpenter.
The Block "R" representatives requested a partnership with the board to consider future improvements for the athletic department.
Superintendent Mike Masloski and Treasurer Jay Tingle gave administrative presentations.
Masloski updated the board on graduation requirements issued by the Ohio Department of Education and enrollment trends facing the school district. Total enrollment currently stands at 1,254 students in grades K-12.
Tingle gave a presentation addressing cyber security for the district from a workshop he recently attended.
The treasurer’s report was also given and items approved included the state and federal funds for 2017-18 school year, establishing a termination of benefits fund with the transfer of $50,000 into that fund, renewal in the District Section 125 plan with American Fidelity as the service provider, and the Five Year Forecast and assumptions.
The minutes of the September meeting were approved, as amended.
The following recommendations from Superintendent Masloski were approved:
• Danny Peoples as bus driver, effective Sept. 25.
• Classified substitute Joyce Patterson as an aide and Mary Thomas as an aide and secretary.
• Volunteers Denise Thompson, Elizabeth Claypool, Nathan McNeal, Christine McNeal and Sue Ball for the middle school; Jane Crow and Martha Conrad for the elementary school, and C.J. Grove, Ridgewood High School basketball.
• Ridgewood Middle School after school program including Erica Slusser, Wendy Croy, Kimberly McKibben, Brenda
McCoy, Darla Glasure, Brenda Starkey and Chad Carroll.
• Muskingum University contract for the College Credit Plus Program for 2017-18.
• Advertise for sealed bids for the sale of a 2001 GMC Yukon.
• Advertising for sealed bids of various miscellaneous items at the bus garage including, but not limited to, chairs, tables and pegboards.
• Shirley Smith and Patti Rohr as district website coordinators for 2017-18.
• Final reading of Revised Policy 5200, as presented.
• Cathy McCrea as RMS volunteer.
• Update on Ohio Legislative items including de-regulation bill and HB 342, HB 343 and SB 123, and their potential effect on the school district.
The next regular board meeting will be 7 a.m. Monday, Nov. at Ridgewood High School new Media Center.
(The above report was submitted by Cathy McCrea).