The following students were recently recognized as Students of the Month by the Newcomerstown Exempted Village School District Board of Education during the Board’s regular session.
• Theodore Wilson, Kindergarten
• Kylie Matthews, First grade
• Hailee Hanenkrat, Second grade
• Lily Hunt, Third grade
• Bobby Donathan, Fourth grade
• Ethan Swigert, Fifth grade
• Hope Stull, Sixth grade
• Megan Parry, Seventh grade
• Jamison Foster, Eighth grade
• Analise Heishman, Newcomerstown High School Senior.
Business discussed by the Board during the November 20, 2017 regular session included:
• The Board approved Jim Tufford for snow removal from the school district parking lots for the 2017-18 school year. Tufford will utilize his own vehicle/ and snow plow. He will be paid via service contract at $45/ hour.
• Board approved the resignation of Brad Lineback, Varsity Boys Basketball coach, effective for November 7, 2017.
• Board approved the resignation of Tim Davis, Assistant Boys Basketball coach, effective for November 8, 2017.
• Tim Davis was approved as Head Boys Basketball coach. Davis will be paid a stipend of $4,767.
• Mike Porcher was approved as Junior Varsity Boys Basketball coach, stipend of $3,496.
• Chris Miller was approved as Seventh Grade Boys Basketball coach, stipend of $2,225.
• Ashley Duhamel was approved as Cheerleading Advisor, Basketball, and to be paid a stipend of $2,225.
• Tara Schroeder was approved as Head Varsity Softball coach, stipend of $3,496.
• Dirk Gadd was approved as Head Football coach for the 2018-19 school year.
• Abbey Mast was approved as Head Volleyball coach for the 2018-19 school year.
• Chuck Eicholtz was approved as Head Golf coach for the 2018-19 school year.
• Trevor Garretson was approved as Head Cross Country coach for the 2018-19 school year.
• The following volunteers were approved for Boys Basketball: Steven Brode, Cory Conner, Chelsea Martin, and Jason Peoples. Board member, Steven Brode abstained voting.
• The following volunteers were approved for Youth Basketball/ Girls Biddy Basketball for the 2017-18 school year: Jenna Marstrell (First-Third grade), Mel Lahmers and Molly Lahmers (Fourth-Sixth grade).
The next regular Board session is scheduled for Dec. 18 at 6 p.m.