The Tuscarawas County Board of Developmental Disabilities has many fun and informative events planned as part of a month long celebration.
• March 6 — Bridges Out of Poverty, hosted by TuscBDD and United Way of Tuscarawas County. This six-hour training will be held at the SSC building, 610 Commercial Ave. SW in New Philadelphia, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one hour for lunch. Bridges Out of Poverty is an interactive training on the effects of poverty and how we can minimize or prevent negative outcomes.
• March 7 – Developmental Disabilities Awareness and Advocacy Day at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus Ohio. Attend a presentation ceremony and tour the state capitol building from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• March 13 - Talent Show from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for all county providers at J.I.M.’s Place, 228 W. High Ave. in New Philadelphia. Pizza and water provided for lunch. The doors open at 10:30 a.m. If you wish to perform, you must go to the registration table upon arriving to give your talent information and receive your line up order. All music should be in CD format. Due to time limitations, only the first 20 people to register will be able to perform, so RSVP no later than March 5 by calling Chris Sapp at 330-339-9769 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
• March 15 – STEAM Pop-up Museum from 5 to 7 p.m. at Charmed: Gifts With Meaning, 117 W. High Ave. in New Philadelphia. STEAM is science, technology, engineering, art and math, and the museum provides fun and interactive ways to inspire the next generation of innovators. The museum is sensory friendly and fun for the whole family. To RSVP call Teri or Mark at 330-339-3199 no later than March 12.
• March 22 – Community Partners Pancake Breakfast from 7:45 to 9 a.m. with breakfast being served by TuscBDD staff and friends at 8 a.m. at Tuscora Park Dining Hall, 161 Tuscora Ave. NW in New Philadelphia. RSVP by March 13 by calling Sapp at 330-339-9769 or email@example.com (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
• March 27 – Special Olympic Basketball team joining with staff members and community members for a good will basketball game starting at 6 p.m. at Tuscarawas Central Catholic High School, 777 Third St. NE in New Philadelphia. Doors will be open no later than 5:30 p.m. Admission is free, but we will collect canned goods at the door for donation to local food pantries. If you are a staff member and are interested in participating, call Sapp at 330-339-9769 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 21. All Special Olympians are to contact their basketball coach.
• March 29 — Photographers Reception and Photo Sale being held at Charmed: Gifts With Meaning, 117 West High Ave. in New Philadelphia from 4 to 6 p.m. This reception is being held to wrap up a month-long photo contest during the month of February. The contest is a collaboration between TuscBDD and the Tuscarawas County Amateur Photographic Association. Members of the TCAPA will be judging the entries with prizes and honorable mentions being awarded. To RSVP to attend the reception, call Teri or Mark at 330-339-3199 no later than March 26.
TuscBDD will decorate the lower level hallway and display cases at the New Philadelphia Public Library for the month of March in celebration of DD Awareness and Advocacy. Crafts and Art pieces will be on display through March 29.
Do you want to speak up, and share your voice with our community? We'd love to advocate with you!
Email email@example.com to get involved.