WEST LAFAYETTE — The Ridgewood Local School Board of Education met recently and gave commendations and congratulations to the following:
• Coshocton County Youth Leadership Program entitled "Pay It Forward". Graduates of the program from Ridgewood High School were Jarrett Brenneman, Keith Claxon, Justin Conner, Sophia Kobel, and Alexis Prater.
• Amber Mourer – Recipient of the Franklin B. Walter All-Scholastic Award. She will be attending Muskingum University in the fall.
• Kenny Lott – Gold Medal and 1st Place in State Competition for Culinary Arts. Kenny was present and explained the competition process. He will be attending Sullivan University in Louisville, Kentucky.
The Superintendent’s Report was given and approved with the following actions:
• Potential list of 2018 Graduates
• 8th Grade Washington DC trip overnight stay May 21, 22, and 23, 2018.
• Keena Craigo and Danielle Good, District Subs, Alissa Hardesty, bus driver; effective 2018-2019 school year, and Britney Cunningham, RES afternoon custodian eff. May 10 2018, all pending proper background checks.
• Resignation of Thad Youngen effective August 15, 2018.
• Unpaid leave of absence for 2018-2019 for Robin Hire.
• Donations were accepted from Leslie Vesha and Battelle in the amount of $170 each to the RHS Drama.
• Following Certified Staff Contracts: 1 year: Chad Carroll, Jennifer Shanks, Alex Keith, Tyler McCullough; 2 year; Sam Carpenter, Rachel Endlich, Matt Humphrey, Christopher McVay, Devon Duling, Autumn Hendershot, Brenda McCoy, Todd Cabot, Ryan Gress, Jamie Davis, Logan Pyers; 3 Year, Barb Bond, Carissa Dickerson, Lisa Knicely; Continuing Contracts, Lori Buchanan, Travis Simmons, Nate Carpenter, Rebecca Wells.
• Following Classified Contracts: 1 year: Ann Doberstein, Ed Huff, Sharon McCormick, Danny Peoples, Gary Webster; 2 Year: Kim Baker, Darcy Brickles, Felicia Hunter. Continuing Contracts: Danielle Bradford, Cathy Cutshall, Teresa Evin, Heather Kinsey, Wayne McCloy, Ericka Slusser, Angie Williamson.
• Shirley Smith Technology Director Contract 260 days, Year 1, $ 66,500, Year 2 $68,000.
• Joanna Seek, 215 Days/ $60,800.
• Peggy Ball, Special Education Co-coordinator, $230 per day for 75 days.
• District Special Education Representatives Peggy Ball and Joanna Seek.
• Agreement with Jefferson County Educational Service Center for Coshocton County Alternative School for 2018-2019 school year.
• Resignation of Ashley Bourne accepted effective August 15, 2018.
• Haley Evans RHS Concert Choir/Drama Music 2017-2018.
Following supplemental contracts for 2018-2019 school year:
Wendy Croy – Head Cross Country Coach
Sue Davis – HS JV Girls Basketball Coach
John Slusser - Head H S Boys Track Coach, Spring and Summer Conditioning
Jason Prater- RMS Boys Track Coach
Darrell Ball- Head Girls Track Coach
Chad Lahna – Head Baseball Coach, Fall and Winter Conditioning
Dusty Shroyer – JV Baseball Coach
Tina Parmiter – Asst. Softball Coach
John Lindig-RHS Band (65% Marching 35% Concert, RMS Band, Jazz Band
Jennifer Shanks – RHS Asst. Band Director
Duke Stark – Sophomore Class Advisor, Quiz Team, Mentor Coordinator 50%
Jill Collins – Senior Class Advisor, RHS National Honor Society 50%, Drama Adv.
Jane Buehler – Foreign Language Club 50%, RHS National Honor Society
Michelle Stoffer – Teen Institute
Rebecca Wells – Asst. Drama
Jeff Larr – RES Accelerated Reader
Debbie Carpenter – RHS and RMS Accelerated Reader
Leslie Dulgar – RMS National Jr. Honor Society
Gordon Arney – RES Student Council
Tim Tubbs – Head Girls Soccer Coach
Zane Cunningham – RMS Wrestling Coach
Lester McCurdy – Head Girls Basketball Coach
Steffinee Webb – 8th Gr. Girls Basketball Coach
Jamie McCrea – RHS Asst. Track Coach
Maria Prater- RMS Girls Track Coach
Dan Smith – RHS Asst. Girls Track Coach
Travis Simmons- Asst. Baseball Coach
Kirby Shivers – Head Softball Coach
Sally Sharier – Asst. Softball Coach
Haley Evans – RHS Concert Choir/Drama Music
Penny Mast – RHS Freshman Advisor, RHS Yearbook w/planning period
Jill Bryan – RHS Jr. Class Advisor 50%
Kathy Wright – RHS Jr. Class Advisor 50%
Julie Feldner – RHS Student Council
Amy Lott – Foreign Language Club 50%
Jacque McPherson – RMS Student Council and RMS Yearbook Advisor
Lori Buchanan – Asst. Cross Country Coach
Maria Prater – Mentor Coordinator 50%
Adam Hicks – Head Wrestling Coach
Jeff Eveland- RHS Asst. Girls Soccer Coach
Troy Dolick – Head Boys Basketball Coach
Athletic Worker for 2017-2018 – Wendy Croy
Athletic Workers for 2018-2019 – Carol Wears and Jerold Ball
Volunteers for the 2018-2019 school year pending proper certification:
Dick Reveal – Golf; Bill Angle – RMS Wrestling; Troy Dolick – Baseball; Josh McQueen – Baseball; Ryan Gress – Baseball; Paige Patterson – Softball; Kayla Sharier – Softball.
Advertising for bids for windows for RES window replacement project.
Approved Thad Youngen as Van Driver for the district for 2017-2018 school year
Shirley Smith and Patti Rohr as District Website Co-Coordinators for 2018-2019 school year.
Joint Resolution Appointing the MVESC Center Business Advisory Council to serve as the Business Advisory Council for Ridgewood School District.
Approved Allison McCoy as a student teacher at RES for 2018-2019.
Approved final reading of various Policy changes.
Approved the purchase of 1 Cardinal Blue Bird 72 passenger bus through OMERESA Bidding Procedure.
Approved Casey Bethel, Josey Lillibridge, Bryce Hains, Keith Leindecker, Trent Harrison, Eliza Haynes, and Jarett Slusser as summer workers from May 1 to Sept. 15, 2018.
The next meeting will be Friday June 15, at 7 a.m. at the Administration Building at 301 S. Oak St., West Lafayette.