Newcomerstown School Board members are preparing for the 2018-19 school year, and have recently approved continuing, and supplemental contracts for the following personnel:
Kristen Casteel, Intervention specialist.
Rachel Cathey, Intervention specialist
Kendra Gerber, Guidance counselor
Andrew Hall, Vocal music teacher
Ryan Hendershot, Intervention specialist
Dustin Kennedy, Computer/ financial teacher
Hillary Kennedy, Fourth grade teacher
Katrina Miller, Intervention specialist
Alicia Moore, English teacher
Ian Morrow, Chemistry teacher
Tracy Rominger, Fifth grade teacher
Tara Schroeder, English teacher
Julian Vasquez, Spanish teacher
Ashley Brooks, Math teacher
Matt Davis, Fourth grade teacher
Julie Beitzel, Third grade teacher
Tyler Kiner, Language arts teacher
Jamie Lewis, Intervention specialist
Samantha Jones, Second grade teacher
Brittany Moore, Intervention specialist
Rebecca Depuy, Art teacher
Denise McDonnell, Intervention specialist
Ashley Parson, Third grade teacher
Steffanie Richter, Math teacher
Mark George, Reading teacher
Joel Hillwig, Music teacher
Adam Leffler, Social studies teacher
Heather Troyer, First grade teacher
Angie Cabot, Dean of students
The Board also approved the continuing contracts for the following classified personnel:
Trevor Biggs, High school study hall monitor
Mike Baker, High school instructional aide
Tanya Robinson, West school cafeteria
Jess Arth, Bus driver
Extracurricular contracts were approved for:
Alicia Moore, Volleyball coach, Junior high
Don Stevens, Cross country coach, Junior high
Tiffany Shaw, Cheerleading coach, Junior high
Supplemental contract was approved for Mike Hoskins, Assistant drama coach.
The Board approved the following volunteers for 2018-19 school year:
Chris Miller, Golf coach
Lyndsey Youngen, Volleyball coach
Beth Garretson, Cross country coach
The following contracts were also approved:
Tim Sherman, EMIS coordinator
Sascha Durben, Library/media specialist
Jason Peoples, Resident educator director
Chase Addy, Physical education
Other items discussed during the May 16 regular session included:
• A donation of $622.63 was received from the Moose Lodge #1337, and will be placed in special cost within the general fund.
• Samantha Seibert, fourth grade teacher was approved to be moved to the Master’s degree salary schedule.
• A grant application (through the Tuscarawas County Community Foundation grant) was approved for the purchase of a floor scrubber and floor burnisher.
• The Martha Holden Jennings grant was approved for $10,000 for the West Elementary to be utilized for Leader in Me program membership dues.
• The Board approved payment to Mike’s Body Shop for repairs, cost of $458.60.
• The Board approved a resolution for the Education Foundation Fund concerning the construction of a new athletic facility.
• The Board approved membership for Ohio High School Athletic Association for 2018-19.
• The Board approved membership dues of $50 to the Newcomerstown Chamber of Commerce.
• The Board approved the Muskingum Valley Education Service Center Business Advisory Council to serve as the Business Advisory Council for the Newcomerstown School District.
• Board policy updates were approved.
• The Board approved the 2018-19 school handbooks for the West & East Elementary, Middle School, High School, and Athletic Department.
The Board later entered into executive session to discuss negotiations. No action was taken.
The next session for the Newcomerstown Board of Education is scheduled for June 20, at 6 p.m. at the High School Conference Room.