WEST LAFAYETTE — The Ridgewood Local School Board Finance Committee met Monday, Nov. 19, at 6:45 a.m. at Ridgewood High School Media Center followed at 7 a.m. with the regular meeting. Members present were Cathy McCrea, John Riebesell, Frank Mathews, and Alan Folkert.
Board members thanked Richard and Nancy Shryock and the Janusian Club for the purchase and installation of all weather benches at the Middle School.
The board also noted:
• Golf recognition: Trey Stoffer – 1st Team IVC, 1st Team East District, 4th Place finish at District golf tournament; Cody Ramsey- 2nd Team IVC Golf; Gauge Shaw – Honorable Mention IVC.
• Girls Golf: This is the first year that the girls have qualified for District Tournament; Sadie Wilson – 1st Team IVC, 1st Team East Dist.; Lexi Zimmer- 1st Team IVC, 1st Team East Dist.; Sydney Matis-2nd Team IVC; Hallie Reed- Honorable Mention IVC, Honorable mention East Dist.
• Soccer: Rachel Simpson – 1st Team East Dist. East Dist. All-Star Game Participant; Tayhani Cordero-Miller – 2nd Team East Dist.; Alexandra Incarnato – Honorable Mention East Dist., East Dist. All-Star game participant.
• Volleyball: Abbey Kellish – 1st team IVC, 1st Team Dist. 5, IVC Defensive Player of the Year, All Ohio Honorable Mention; Morgan Matis – 2nd Team IVC, 2nd Team Dist. 5; Sydney Zinkon – 2nd Team IVC, 2nd Team Dist. 5; Carly Griffith – Honorable Mention IVC, Honorable Mention Dist. 5.
• Cross Country: Trevor Hawkins – Honorable Mention IVC.
• Football: Keith Claxon 1st Team IVC, 1st Team East Dist., and IVC Kicker of the Year; Zach Prater – 1st Team IVC, 1st Team East Dist. and IVC Defensive Lineman of the Year; John Evin – 1st Team IVC and 1st Team East Dist.; Chase Minet – 1st Team IVC and 1st Team East Dist.; Gabe Tingle – 1st Team IVC and 1 Team East Dist.; Kaden Smith – 1st Team IVC and 2nd Team East Dist.; Isaiah Lamneck – 1st Team IVC, 2nd Team East Dist.; Conner Kunze – 2nd Team IVC, 1st Team East Dist.; Kolten Smith – 2nd Team IVC , 2nd Team East Dist.; Deontae Brandon – 2nd Team IVC and Special Mention East Dist.; Bryce Prater – Honorable Mention IVC.
Todd Stoffer, High School Principal, updated the Board on the layers of security in place at the High School, the recent Veteran’s Day Ruck walk from Newcomerstown to West Lafayette, with all proceeds going to homeless veterans, in the amount of $2,222, and gave a digital demonstration of the semester exit course he teaches to all seniors entitled "Foundations in Personal Finance." This course instructs students on how to survive in the world when dealing with insurance, loans, interest, checking accounts and credit cards.
John Lindig, Instrumental Music and Band instructor, demonstrated the new musical engineering class he teaches. Students are taught how to use sounds boards, create a music score on a computer and mix various types of music.
Haley Evans, Vocal Music instructor, updated the Board on the recent competitions of the various Choirs. The acappella group Syntax Error performed.
Ridgewood Vocational Agriculture teachers Sue Davis and Logan Pyers updated the board on various Vo Ag projects and programs. Emily Bookless, a Senior Vo Ag student, shared her experiences working on a llama farm, showing at the county fair, employment at Coshocton KOA and working at Pearl Valley Cheese Co. She plans to further her education in the Agriculture Industry. Ridgewood Vocation Agriculture now offers a college credit plus program through Zane State College. Students participate in many fund raising events and attend FFA Camp at Camp Muskingum, The State and National Conventions and WLC in Washington D. C. Several students earn State and National Degrees.
An executive session was held to discuss personnel issues. No action was taken.
The Treasurer’s Report was approved and included the following items: School wide Pool Fund items, purchase orders exceeding $15,000, new and revision of Treasurer’s procedures, and donations from the following: Tom and Sandy Hess – upright piano; Richard and Nancy Shryock – All weather benches at RMS; The Janusian Club – All weather benches at RMS; Jones Metal - $1,000 to Ridgewood FFA; Tusc. County Ag Society - $200 to Ridgewood FFA; Baltic ABA - $ 250 to Ridgewood FFA.
Supt. Mike Masloski gave the following report approved by the Board:
Resignation of Adam Hicks, custodian, effective Nov. 19; Parent transportation agreement with Patti Shepherd in lieu for the 2018-19 school year at seventy cents per mile; Resignation of Adam Hicks, Head Wrestling Coach and Chad Massie, Assistant Wrestling Coach; Chad Massie as Head Wrestling Coach and Kerrie Bahmer, Freshman Volleyball; Darcy Brickles district sub and Tiffany Lewis (certification for para pro in process); District Volunteers for 2018-19 Melissa McMillan and Joan Larr (RES); After School enrichment teachers K-3 retro to Oct. 9, Kelly Conner and Lisa Knicely; After school Para Pro, Darcy Brickles retro to Oct 9, 2018; Maternity Leave for an employee beginning approximately Dec. 8, 2018 for nine weeks; Field trip to Acappella Int’l Festival at Kettering Fairmont High School Nov. 9 and 10, 2018 for Ms. Evans and 8 students; Virtual Classroom Curriculum between RLSD and Jefferson County ESC for online curriculum to be used with Virtual Classroom for 2018-19 school year; Change minimum wage from $ 8.30 hr. to $ 8.55 hr. effective Jan. 1, 2019. MOU for service credit for prior experience between RLSD and REA; Final reading of a large number of revised policies and procedures as presented.
Vacant committee seats filled from tabled meeting on Oct. 15: Records Commission – Cathy McCrea; Buildings and Grounds – Cathy McCrea; Athletic Council – Alan Folkert; Classified Negotiations – Frank Mathews.
The resignation of Board Member Helen Leindecker was accepted effective Nov. 19.
Kelly Architectural Services was approved for the Athletic Facility Architectural Proposal for a fee of $10,000.
The next regular Board of Education Meeting will be held Monday, Dec. 17, at 7 a.m. at the Ridgewood Middle School.