A Kimbolton man under supervision by the Ohio Adult Parole Authority is facing a potential felony drug charge after he was arrested by Cambridge police officers Tuesday evening.

Kyle D. Kohman, 27, was incarcerated in the Guernsey County Jail on a felony investigation hold following his arrest during a traffic stop at approximately 6 p.m. He was also cited for turn signal and traffic control device violations, according to police.

Officers reportedly found a vial containing suspected crystal methamphetamine in the vehicle driven by Kohman.

According to Cambridge police reports, an officer observed a 2004 white Mazda driven by Kohman leaving the area of a known drug house on South 10th Street.

The officer followed the vehicle and observed the two traffic violations at the intersections of Gaston Avenue and South 12th Street. The traffic stop was then initiated on South 12th Street.

Officers noted Kohman appeared to be very nervous and was shaking after being stopped. He reportedly denied possessing any illegal items.

Cambridge police K-9 Breeze conducted an exterior check of the vehicle and reportedly gave a positive alert to the vehicle.

A probable cause search was conducted and officers reported finding a silver metal vial under the driver’s seat. A clear, crystal-like substance suspected to be crystal meth was found inside the vial.

Kohman was taken into custody and transported to the county jail.

The suspected crystal methamphetamine was sent to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation for testing.

The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Corrections reported Kohman was released on Oct. 22, 2017, and placed on three years of supervision. He was reportedly sentenced to four years in prison on a third-degree felony burglary conviction through the Guernsey County Common Pleas Court and began serving the sentence on March 20, 2014.

Kohman is scheduled to appear in the Cambridge Municipal Court to answer to the traffic citations. The vehicle he was driving was towed from the scene.

The incident remains under investigation by the Cambridge Police Department.