GNADENHUTTEN — Indian Valley has taken another step towards its new athletic complex.
The Indian Valley Board of Education recently voted unanimously to pass a resolution to approve an agreement for architectural services with ThenDesign Architecture, LTD. District voters approved a bond issue on Nov. 6 to fund the new facility, which will be constructed on land behind the baseball/softball complex.
The new stadium will include a turf football field, an eight-lane track, locker rooms and a multi-purpose building for all athletic teams, as well as the band and physical education classes.
The football and track teams currently compete at Kelley Field in Midvale, which will be maintained for middle school and youth teams.
"It's nice to get this moving," said board member Francis Picchetti. "There have been a lot of questions out there."
The facility is expected to be completed for the 2020-21 season.
The board also approved a supplemental appropriation for fiscal year 2019 for $7 million to fund the stadium project and approved a resolution
In other action, the board:
* Accepted a donation of $10,000 from the IV Music Boosters towards the cost of new band uniforms. Superintendent Ira Wentworth said the uniforms had not been replaced in 17 years. Other donations accepted were $3,016 from the Rainbow Connection for cerebral palsy equipment; $5,000 from the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation for elementary music equipment; $1,223 from Donors Choose for multi-sensory kindergarten reading materials and $618 from Donors Choose for second grade math manipulatives.
* Heard a presentation from high school music director Melanie Glazer concerning the district's band and choir trip to Disney in 2020.
* Recognized Dean Piraino, the Buckeye Career Center January Student of the Month and RaeAnn Mizer, The Times-Reporter January Teen of the Month.
* Approved overnight trips for the high school cheerleaders to the state competition in Columbus and the national competition in Myrtle Beach.
* Approved resignations of Carl Penick, Rachel Gopp and Dustin Grewell and FMLA leaves for Lorna Waters, Erica Clarke, Lauren Miller and Charlene Hunt.
* Approved substitute bus drivers and five after-school OST tutors, as needed.
* Approved Dave Bell as head boys' track coach, Shannon McComb as head baseball coach, Diane Bell as head girls' track coach and Dusty Braun as head softball coach, as well as a list of assistants and volunteers.
The board will have a special meeting on Feb. 27 at 6:30 p.m. The next regular meeting will be March 18.