PORT WASHINGTON — Village council members heard that a tombstone was hit and knocked over in Union Cemetery - by possibly a four wheeler joy riding during a recent snow storm. The tom stone will be remounted as soon as possible.
• Approved the Little League Association for installing a cement foundation for the batting cage at the ballfield.
• Thanked the Salem Township Trustees for the usage of equipment to remove fallen trees during a recent wind storm.
• Heard that Mayor Tom Gardner will be obtaining paperwork for the purpose of applying for Block Grant Funding in the near future. The survey of village residents will be needed for the Block Grant Project. This project will be for street paving.
• Approved the purchase of a new flag for the village town hall.
• Heard that Tax Administrator Donna Meek has mailed out Rental Registration Forms & Letter to property owners. All property owners who rent must register the property with the tenant's information. For additional information, contact Donna Meek-Tax Administrator at 740-498-6938.
The next meeting will be March 19 at 7 p.m. at the town hall.