All members were present when the Ridgewood Local School Board met in regular session April 15. Students Grace Kilcheman (third grade), Jayden Krebs (second grade), Isabella Quinteros and Hunter Lahna (both first-graders), were congratulated congratulated for winning a coloring/essay contest sponsored by Coshocton Board of DD. They were invited to Hopewell school on March 26 to receive their awards.
The Treasurer’s report was approved as presented. Superintendent Mike Masloski recommended the following actions that were approved:
* Rebecca Wells’ resignation as Assistant Drama position for 2018-2019 school year.
* Haley Evans as Assistant Drama position for 2018-2019 school year.
* Deanann Gregory Volunteer at RES for 2018-2019 school year
* Dick Reveal, Girls Golf for 2018-2019 school year.
* Brice Dennis as RMS Golf coach for 2019-2020 school year
* Doug Patterson as Girls Head Basketball Coach for 2019-2020 school year
* Richard Masters as District substitute
* Increase substitute pay for Teresa Stiteler to $10 per hour effective March 21, 2019 to June 7, 2019.
* Approve School Calendar for 2019-2020 with students’ first day on Aug. 20, 2019 and last day on May 20, 2020.
* MOU with Allwell Mental Health services for July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 and April 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019 as presented.
* OHSAA membership for 2019-2020 school year
* Griffin Insurance Co., Mt. Vernon, Ohio, as the Student School Insurance coverage for 2019-2020 school year.
* Hope Asbury, Bryce Hains, Keith Leindecker , Alexis Slusser, and Sadie Wilson as summer workers from May 1, 2019 through Sept. 15, 2019.
* Final reading of several Board Policy and Procedures.
* 25 Students and advisors to attend the FFA convention from May 1-3, 2019.
The next Board of Education meeting will be 7 p.m. May 13, at the Administration Building at 301 S. Oak St., West Lafayette.