PORT WASHINGTON — Village council met recently and approved installing a "No Parking" sign in the area of E. Arch Street and Bremer Street (Port Elementary School area). Council addressed the safety issues in that area and unanimously agreed to install the sign to be effective during school hours of 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• Reviewed the first quarter Municipal Income Tax Report with a total to date received of $32,618.61
• Submitted the Community Block Grant application for consideration. This is a paving project for South St. Clairsville Street with costs of approximately $37,000. The village will pick up approximately 20% if the grant if approved.
• Passed Resolution 5-2019 for amendment of the 2019 appropriations.
• Approved seasonal help in hiring John Bourne for mowing for residents who are in noncompliance of the mowing ordinance.
• Approved seasonal help in hiring Penny Hooper as the Park Caretaker. Hooper is the contact person for the pavilion rental scheduling.
• Heard that there is a roof leak in the Fire Department area of the building. The Fire Department personnel will handle the repairs needed.
• Heard that the paving of High Street will begin in the very near future.
Council members and Mayor Tom Gardner have been working on Memorial Day events