Newcomerstown Board of Education recently held their first session for the new school year.
Items discussed, and/or approved by the Board included:
• Board approved payment of bills for June, and July, 2019.
• Federal Program Allocations for 2020 in the amount of $849,378 was approved.
• Emily Miller, Middle School/ Elementary School Guidance Counselor was approved to be moved to the Master’s +15 pay scale, effective for 8/14/2019.
• Donation of $558 from the Moose Lodge #1337 was approved.
• Donation of $200 from American Legion #431 was approved to purchase coats, hats for students in need, during the Christmas season.
• Cafeteria process for the 2019-20 school year was approved. Breakfast is free for all grades. Lunch is free for East Elementary students (K- First grade). West Elementary (Second grade- Fifth), Middle School, and High School is $2.90 for lunch, and reduced price is 40 cents. Adult price is $3.25. Extra milk is 50 cents. Ala carte menu will be available.
• Board approved luncheon and service pins costs for school employees. Luncheon was held on 8/14/2019.
• Jeff Staggs was approved as Title VI Coordinator for 2019-20 school year.
• Chris Lipinski was approved as 504 Coordinator for 2019-20 school year.
• ECOESC contract for certified Chinese language instructor.
• SLO Committee member contracts were approved for the following: Brian Collins, Sara Johnson, Marca Porter, Danelle Simmerman, Erin Peoples, Marjorie Hursey, Regina Schilling, Carol Boltz, Jason Peoples, Josh Branch, Steven Pritchard, Jeff Baker, Dirk Gadd, and Seth Corder.
• Resident Educator/ Mentor Assignments were approved for the following: First year residents: Justin Couglin/ with mentor Michelle Schneider, Jennifer Milligan/ with mentor Cathy Ringer, Alyson Zufelt/ with mentor Lydia Gadd, Amanda Jones/ with mentor Sara Johnson. Second year residents: Ian Morrow/ with mentor Lorraine George, Alicia Patrick/ with Steffanie Richter, Josh Green/ with mentor Angela Decaminada. Third year residents/ RESA: Rachel Cathey/ with mentor Richelle Lefer. Fourth year residents/ Leadership: Andrew Nichols, Andrew Hall, Chase Addy, Katelyn Cox/ with mentor Jason Peoples.
• Resignation of Steffanie Richter as High School National Honor Society Advisor was approved (for 2018-19 school year).
• Sharla Fish and Amy Brandon approved as Junior High volleyball coach at stipends of $1,653.
• Volunteers were approved for 2019-20b school year: Ian Morrow, Don Stevens, Beth Garretson for Cross Country, and Kim Young for Elementary Cross Country.
The next regular School Board meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. Sept. 19.