The Newcomerstown Historical Society will honor local law enforcement with a dinner and short program on Jan. 9, at the Olde Main Street Museum and Social Center, 213 W. Canal St., Newcomerstown. Attendees are expected from various law enforcement agencies from Coshocton, Guernsey and Tuscarawas counties.
On Jan. 9, partnering organizations in support of law enforcement officers nationwide, will promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D.). In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement nationally, there is a need to show law enforcement officers that our citizens recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen, in public service to us all.
On the same date of each year, our nation’s citizens are called to action in support of law enforcement. Those citizens who appreciate law enforcement and are discouraged about the negative attention being given to law enforcement are encouraged to take time on Jan. 9 to show their support. Our citizens can show their support in a number of ways:
• Change your profile picture on social media to the .jpg image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops.
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages
• Coordinate and/or participate in a Blue Blood Drive by giving blood SleevesUpcampaign:https://sleevesup.redcrossblood.org/campaign/sleevesup-for-c-o-p-s/
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank a police officer.
If you or your organization would like to join the Newcomerstown Historical Society in showing appreciation for law enforcement, you can help with monetary donations in support of the event at Olde Main Street Museum and Social Center. Checks can be sent to Newcomerstown Historical Society, P.O. Box 443, Newcomerstown, Ohio, 43832. Include a note indicating donations are for Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. If you would like to sponsor a table for $250, call Harley on 740-498-5636 or email email@example.com.